Remove is the most process-intensive module in the software so it is expected to be a little slow, especially for large areas or very long shots.
If you are using illumination modelling, the process will be slower, because of the calculations involved in relighting the removed area.
Other common problems (sometimes these are combined):
- You don’t have GPU processing turned on in Preferences.
- You are removing in a large shot (4k+)
- You are trying to remove in a very long shot and haven’t tweaked parameters.
- You have a large amount of memory pressure (i.e memory being used by a lot of applications)
- You are running low on disk space in your designated cache.