The locked vs. unlocked status of an emitter library is determined by where the library file resides: there is one folder for “locked” libraries, and one folder for editable libraries. You can manually move or copy emitters from one folder to another as necessary. It is recommended that the emitter libraries released by Boris FX remain locked.
- Locked emitter libraries are found in the following folder:
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/BorisFX/EmitterLibraries
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\BorisFX\EmitterLibraries
- The unlocked (editable) emitter libraries are found in the following folder:
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/BorisFX/UserEmitterLibraries
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\BorisFX\UserEmitterLibraries