When stacking filters onto a title matte in Avid, first apply the initial filter effect by dragging it onto the title, then click on the “Apply to Title Matte” button, which is located at the top of the filter effects parameter list. To add additional filter effects, hold the Alt/Option button on the keyboard while dragging the filter onto the title. Because the effect stack is rendered from bottom to top, you’ll need to instruct the filters as to which one is the last in the stack and therefore the one that’s making the final composite. The first filter in the stack is the one that should always have the “Apply to Title Matte” option enabled - on all other filters in that stack this option should remain disabled. Then on the last filter in the stack, the one that’s doing the compositing, you should set the Background pop-up in the filter controls to Background: First Below and on all of the other filters in the stack this pop-up should be set to None.
Articles in this section
- What is Continuum?
- Continuum - Useful Links
- Continuum Tech Specs
- Where can I download Continuum?
- Boris Continuum users - please read this before you update to the latest version of Premiere Pro 23.1
- Locating the Continuum diagnostic log
- What’s the difference between BCC and BCC+?
- What are Continuum Units?
- What are Continuum Premium filters?
- Can I upgrade from a Unit or Premium filter to the full product?