The Stage in Particle Illusion will never show a checkerboard, but anywhere that does not contain particles will be transparent. To include this transparency information when rendering to file, select one of the ProRes presets that contain alpha, either “ProRes 4444 + Premultiplied Alpha” or “ProRes 4444 + Straight Alpha”.
Articles in this section
- What is Particle Illusion?
- Particle Illusion - Useful Links
- Particle Illusion Tech Specs
- How can I get Particle Illusion?
- What’s the difference between the plugin version of Particle Illusion and the standalone?
- Is Particle Illusion really free?
- Is the Particle Illusion standalone limited in some way?
- If I can’t composite particles over a background layer in the Standalone application, how do I use it?
- Do you offer technical support for Particle Illusion?
- What’s the best way to learn to use Particle Illusion?